Trinity-Downtown members Maris Frost, Kristin Beatty, our adult leader Elizabeth Oliver and Director of Youth Ministries Michael Winckler had the blessing of being able to join 28,000 other youth and adults at the LCMS National Youth Gathering to learn more about our real, present, God. To recap the Gathering, here are some of amazing things accomplished throughout the five days.
- 1,003,014- Meals were made for Feed my Starving Children by participants at NYG.
- 28,000- Students, adult leaders, young adults, and volunteers were a part of this year’s NYG each and every one of us experiencing massive worship events all the way to the intimacy of communion.
- 1,013- The number of kits made for the homeless by NYG participants.
- 800- Roughly the number of hours the gospel was creatively proclaimed through just over 100 speakers ranging from President Harrison himself all the way to NBA Small Forward Sam Dekker who some of you may remember worshiped here during his time on the Rockets roster.
- 463- The number of units of blood donated by NYG participants.
- 19- The number of countries represented at NYG.
- 10- The number of break-out sessions our adult leaders and youth went to.
- 4- The number of souls saved through the Holy Waters of Baptism. 4 students were baptized during the course of NYG!