● A few weeks ago we were alerted that a young family that attends Christ Church (LCMS) in Lincoln, Nebraska are in Houston preparing for in-utero surgery on their baby girl. Thanks to the generosity of our congregation, Cortney, Alex and baby Micha are now settled into a condo near the Medical Center, along with some generous financial assistance. Cortney’s surgery is planned for today, so please keep the family and their medical team in your prayers for God’s healing and peace. If you’d like to help them make up for lost income, parking and transportation costs, please donate online by going here and selecting the “Families in Distress Fund”.
● Please plan to drop by the Gathering Space after worship this Sunday (July 30th) as we honor Trinity Garrett’s over 9 years of work as a staff member. Trinity’s transitioning to focus on her role as mom and wife and will remain in the leadership of several important ministries at Trinity. Come show Trinity your appreciation, and enjoy some light refreshments before heading to your Discipleship Hour class!
● Make your calendars now for Sunday, August 13th at 11:30am in the Gym for “Movie Day” where we’ll be watching “Ratatouille”. This 2007 animated comedy-drama features an endearing rat who dreams of becoming a famous chef in Paris. Pastor Dorn will highlight the spiritual lessons that can be drawn from the movie while we much on lunch sponsored by the Stephen Ministry. Watch for an RSVP coming in August.
● Save the date on your calendar for Trinity’s Fall Kickoff being held on Sunday, August 27th. We’ll be blessing our students (along with their backpacks!) as they re-enter school and enjoy BBQ from the Holy Smokers. We look forward to seeing you!
● In preparation for the Fall kick-off of our children’s Discipleship Hour, we are in need of additional leaders who have a passion for teaching students in PreK 4/5 and 3rd/4th grade. Please email Haley Davisson (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you are feeling a tug from the Holy Spirit to help this important ministry!
● You won’t want to miss the Hymnal Marathon starting at 9:00am on Saturday, August 12th at Trinity. Organist Benjamin Kolodziej will play all 635 hymns in the Lutheran Service Book! It’s a “come and go” affair, and you may join either in-person or via video streaming.